What We Do!
- Shining Mountain Chapter, Fay Danielson, Regent sponsored a NSDAR Historic Preservation Grant for the Huntley Project Museum near Billings in 2017. The grant was used to recreate the general store from the original townsite.
- Catherine Lane, State Regent 2014-2016, placed a marker in 2019 recognizing the MT State Society Daughters who saved the historic Fort Benton blockhouse from destruction in 1908.
- Mount Hyalite Chapter, Jodi Gorder, Regent, erected a monument to Bozeman's earliest pioneers in 2020 at the historic Sunset Hills cemetery.
- Oro Fino Chapter, Veronica Bovee-Anderson, Regent, placed a marker recognizing the Pioneer Cabin in the original townsite of Helena. A lovely tea followed on the grounds.
- Silver Bow Chapter, Janice Hand, Regent, repaired and restored the Spanish-American War plot between the St. Patricks and Moriah cemeteries and installed a kiosk recognizing the veterans buried there in 2021.
- Each year the MSSDAR awards a "Traveling Scholarship" to a student.
- Several chapters sponsor the "Patriots of the American Revolution Essay Contest" and the "Christopher Columbus Essay Contest."
- Offering support to America’s service personnel in current conflicts abroad through care packages, phone cards and other needed items
- Sponsoring special programs promoting the Constitution during its official celebration week of September 17-23
- Participating in naturalization ceremonies
- Presenting patriotic awards to deserving individuals including:
- Outstanding Veteran Volunteer Award
- DAR Good Citizens awards and medals
- ROTC medals
- Community Service awards
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
The DAR Insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.