What We Do!
- Shining Mountain Chapter for their sponsorship of the Huntley Project Museum's grant application for their Historic Restoration Project
- Each year the MSSDAR awards a "Traveling Scholarship" to a student.
- Several chapters sponsor the "American History Essay Contest" and the "Christopher Columbus Essay Contest."
- Offering support to America’s service personnel in current conflicts abroad through care packages, phone cards and other needed items
- Sponsoring special programs promoting the Constitution during its official celebration week of September 17-23
- Participating in naturalization ceremonies
- Presenting patriotic awards to deserving individuals including:
- Outstanding Veteran Volunteer Award
- DAR Good Citizens awards and medals
- ROTC medals
- Community Service awards
Secretary Ryan Zinke and his staff at the Dept. of Interior, together with the National Marian Anderson Museum, presented an inspiring Tribute of Remembrance Feb. 1, 2018. It truly was a great honor to be present representing the Montana State Society Daughters of the American Revolution with Secretary Zinke at the 75th anniversary of the mural “An Incident of Contemporary Life” by Mitchell Jamieson depicting Marion Anderson’s concert on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and for me to remember being at the Lincoln Memorial for the "March on Washington" in 1963 to hear the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, when Marian Anderson led the National Anthem. Secretary Zinke signed Dept. of Interior Proclamation No. 1 National Landmark for Civil Rights for this famous mural.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
The DAR Insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.